Mobile Showroom Sales Staff
by Rishabh Chaturvedi
March 12, 2019
A Mobile Showroom Sales Staff member has to make sure that they encourage and motivate prospective buyers into buying a mobile handset that is useful for them and profitable for the store. It is the responsibility of the sales staff to make the customer aware of all the details about the product truthfully and without hiding anything. They have ethical responsibility towards both, the customer and the employer. The job is customer interaction-heavy, so a friendly and agreeable personality definitely helps a lot.
Duties and responsibilities-
- Selling as many handsets as possible
- Selling at rates that are profitable
- Encouraging customers to buy related products and accessories.
- Educating customers with the full details of the product
- Identifying ways to increase sales
What would an employer look for in a Mobile Showroom Sales Staffer?
Generally, employers will not be too worried about the qualifications or certifications of the job applicant. They will give preference to experience and references over qualifications. They will, however, be looking for the following qualities in their prospective employees-
- Great communication skills. Ability to interact with all kinds of people, including kids, first time buyers, experienced users, old people and even sometimes, experts
- Basic understanding of software used by mobiles including Operating Systems like IOS and Android, antivirus and other utility applications
- Ability to carry out minor troubleshooting of both, software and hardware issues
- Knowledgeable of the various trends and technology of the ever changing mobile world
- Ability to encourage people into buying products
- Agreeable, friendly and most importantly, trustworthy personality
Apart from this, if during the interview process the job applicant shows a certain selling skill or ability to quickly learn said skills, the interviewer would definitely give them a chance.
Where are jobs available for Mobile Showroom Sales Staff?
A good salesman is always in demand. Mobile showrooms, company stores and mobile accessories stores will readily hire a good salesperson.
Some Do’s and Don’ts for the job-
- Always try and encourage the customer to buy more
- Always be polite and courteous with the customer
- Try and understand what the customer wants
- Never be impolite with the customer
- Never let the customer feel that their business is not required
- Never give wrong, incomplete or exaggerated information to the customer